Can Your Company Benefit from a Virtual CIO?
A vCIO, or virtual CIO, serves as an organization's Chief Information Officer who understands how to leverage technology as a business enabler. The vCIO manages the organizations technology and develops a forward looking strategic IT plan by taking a broad view of the client, focusing on business and IT alignment.
Most small and midsize business (SMB) organizations find it difficult to justify having a CIO on staff. Consequently, executive ownership for IT falls with other leaders who most likely do not have the time nor the expertise to develop a Strategic IT Plan, create an IT investment plan/budget and manage the organization’s IT initiatives.
Logically vCIOs collaborate and advise our clients’ IT departments and perform the same functions as a conventional CIO.
Those duties include:
- Develop a forward-looking plan by formulating strategic IT goals
- Planning the IT budget
- Mitigate Security Risk
- Technology Consulting; Maximize Technology ROI
- Key IT Project Initiative Oversight
- Analyzing and reworking business processes and facilitating technology changes.
Client Benefits of having a vCIO:
- Improved Technology Management & Business Integration
- Predictable Technology Management Costs
- Improved IT Cost Structure
- Technology as a business enabler; maximized technology ROI
- Improved Security & Compliance Posture
- Business Partner to help position and strengthen the business in the marketplace
- Insurability that IT Action Plans stay focused and aligned with company strategy
If you are interested in learning more about the role of the virtual CIO and how your organization could benefit from their experience and expertise, then it’s time for a serious conversation with our experts.