Is Your Organization Prepared for the Cloud?
The cloud is everywhere. It has become a part of our vocabulary and daily life. Forward-thinking organizations use the cloud to lower costs, move faster, and improve resiliency.
Almost everyone utilizes the cloud, but many businesses don’t understand how to best harness it as a business strategy. There are multiple benefits of cloud computing such as reducing IT costs, increasing flexibility and agility, refreshing ongoing infrastructure, and improving security to name just a few. The top reasons companies are moving to the cloud, according to Spicework’s 2020 Study on the State of IT, include:
- Providing access to data anywhere (42%)
- Enhancing disaster recovery capabilities (38%)
- Enabling better flexibility (37%)
- Reducing the support burden on IT staff (36%)
Whether your business is just starting with the cloud, or you are well down the road, creating a cloud migration roadmap is always a smart decision. A cloud readiness assessment is often the best way to start since it provides an analysis of your organization’s IT infrastructure and helps outline what workloads and applications should be migrated to the cloud.
If you’re like most businesses, you may not know what cloud solution is best for your environment or organizations’ needs. This assessment will answer key cloud migration questions, including:
- What are cloud migration priorities based on business needs and impact? It’s important to determine priorities based on business impact, resource requirement and risk
- What workloads or group of business applications are beneficial to move to the cloud? Identifying the specific applications and workloads that should be migrated ensures a smooth transition for migrating to the cloud.
- What cloud adoption strategy is best and what risks are associated? Review options for migration such as "lift and shift" versus refactoring and their associated risks to your business
- What are the phases, timelines and budget impacts? Working with a partner that will define the optimal migration roadmap, milestones and timing is crucial for a successful migration.
Migrating to the cloud is no easy feat. But the payoff is significant. According to Forbes, 74% of Chief Financial Officers say cloud computing had the most measurable impact on their business. There are many considerations when deciding what cloud solution is right for your organization. Logically has helped small and midsize organizations across industries leverage the cloud to improve business performance. If you are planning a cloud initiative, Logically is here to help.