Considerations for Utilizing the Cloud
When updating technology at your organization, security is an immediate challenge that comes to mind. To try and help your business navigate the ongoing IT complexities, we are going to dive into the security risks associated with public, private, and on-premises solutions.
With good security measures in place, the location of your data matters just as much as how you access it. This is where securing networks, restricting access, and monitoring access come into play (all tenants of a good security program). Here are some of the benefits associated with each type of cloud solution:
Public Cloud Solutions
- Cost-effective and easy to set-up for non-sensitive data
- Can scale up or down as needed and pay accordingly
- No cost of ownership, maintenance, or upgrades – just operating cost
Private Cloud Solutions
- Customized security environment for specific requirements
- Custom replication of servers and data in event of disaster scenario
- On-premises and cloud servers can communicate on a private network.
- Securely scale up or down as needed, including during maintenance
- Costs are operational expenses, not capital investments
- Security is under your discretion, as are your employees
- Complete ownership of data and server
- Easier compliance with industry regulations
Take the time to examine your IT and understand if it meets the security standards that are appropriate now as well as in the future. This is the most important way to decide what you need from a cloud solution, as a breach, virus, or ransomware attack can cost you time, money and maybe even your business.
If you need help, assessments are a great step towards identifying vulnerabilities, the best solutions, and migration-ready workloads. Contact us today for an assessment to build a more secure IT future for your business.