Technical Support Specialist
Logically (formally known as Carolinas IT) is a rapidly growing IT outsourcing and consulting firm with over 200 employees and offices in New England, Tennessee, Nevada, North Carolina, and Southern California. We work with corporations, healthcare organizations, non-profits and public sector entities of all sizes. We believe that providing IT services is about more than just keeping information secure and systems and devices operational. Our business is based on establishing relationships with our clients, understanding the challenges and then helping them achieve their business goals through leveraging technology.
The Techical Support Specialist is responsible for providing our clients with technical support during the standard work week.
As a company, we are partners with Cisco, NetApp, Lenovo, Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, and many others.
- Standard Working Hours – Monday through Friday
- Office Location – Raleigh, NC
- Monitoring Network Status - Providing first and second level remediation to user, network, or server issues
- Escalating issues to next level support as required
- Imaging and deployment of client PCs
- Assisting with client report generation
- Updating client documentation
- Remediation of client incidents
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose LAN/WAN problems
- Install, upgrade and configure network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software, file services, and backup systems
- Active Directory/Group Policy management and administration
- Maintaining and Supporting client’s server infrastructure including (but not limited to)
- Citrix/RD Gateway
Maintaining and Support client’s network infrastructure including (but not limited to)
- Firewalls (Meraki, Sonicwall, Fortinet, ASA)
- VPN technologies
Requirements / Experience
- Min 3+ Yrs experience providing technical support to end users running Microsoft Windows 7 & 10.
- Min 2 Yrs experience providing technical support on Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016
- Patch management experience (Desktops/Servers)
- Support/troubleshooting of MS Office/Office 365 products.
- Direct support experience of MS Outlook in a Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 environment.
- Troubleshooting of basic network connectivity.
- Strong understanding of basic network architecture to include functionality of switches, routers, firewalls. (Not necessarily the configuration of them, just their function on the network)
- Support of printer and peripheral network connectivity.
- Support of popular web browsers.
- Understanding of basic (GPO) group policy use
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude Instinctive troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills are essential.
- Professional bearing and manner
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Must pass drug test and background screening
- MCSA/MCSE - 2012/2016
- CCNA (In any specialization)
- Server Administration Experience
- Microsoft Exchange Support Experience
- Virtualization experience (VMWare/Hyper-V)
This is a Full time permanent position which includes an outstanding benefit package including:
• Group medical coverage, vision, dental insurance and a health savings account • Life insurance • 401K retirement plan • Subsidy for health club membership • Company bicycles to ride to lunch and short trips • Free snacks and drinks at the office