Sr. Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer serves in technical leadership role and provides engineering and architecture customer solutions. The Systems Engineer works well under pressure and engages in emergency technical support.
This position delivers internal and external customer-facing projects, including email migrations and upgrades; full-scale migrations to Cloud-based solutions (Office 365/AWS/Azure); Remote Access technologies (RDS/Gateway/Citrix) and storage implementations (SAN); platform infrastructure creation; virtual technologies (Hyper-V/VMware), routing, firewall, wireless and switching; and Active Directory support and migrations.
The Senior Systems Engineer serves as Tier 3 resource in Professional Services group, working closely with Project Managers. This position also integrates with
operations, Sales, and Marketing departments.
- Managed services staff in Operations escalate issues to Professional Services group for resolution. The Senior Systems Engineer will coach Managed Services Engineers in Operations and supports knowledge transfer, working closely with POD Leaders.
- The Senior Systems Engineer assists Sales organization with sales calls, scope development, and pre-sales.
- The Senior Systems Engineer assists the Marketing group with technical updates on company’s service offerings.
- The Professional Services group is billable resource, driving customer satisfaction by resolving complex customer issues in timely and complete manner. Customer contact ranges from technical to C-Level employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Systems and Network Support
- Design and implement new systems and network solutions and/or improve the efficiency of current networks.
- Install, configure, and support network equipment, including routers, proxy servers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, servers, and SANs: optimize platforms and application delivery.
- Update network and server equipment to latest firmware releases.
- Optimize customer environment and network performance by tuning for and resolving traffic and other issues.
- Install server and network equipment and manage subcontractors involved with installation.
- Refer problems to lead for review or to request additional resources.
- Provide Tier 3 support and resolve escalated issues.
- Demonstrate familiarity with multiple technologies used to troubleshoot (OSI Model).
- Project Management
- Ensure customer satisfaction by completing assigned project tasks accurately and on time.
- Provide regular feedback to Project Managers.
- Ensure projects meet/exceed billable targets (80%) to internal or external customers.
- Provide accurate hardware and labor project estimates during sales cycle.
- Customer Service
- Provide guidance to customer, aligning their business needs with technical solution.
- Work directly with Sales and Customer Service representatives to prepare client quotes, statements of work, and ensure customer satisfaction with services.
- Ability to track and bill time for internal and external customers, depending on service ticket source.
- Superior troubleshooting, analytical, problem solving, capacity planning, Cloud computing, and virtualization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, and Hyper-V. Adept in Windows Server Operating systems (2008/2012/2016/2019) as well as end user devices (WIN10/MacOS), laptops, terminals and thin clients.
- Expert technical knowledge in WAN, LAN, SAN, switches, routers, and Wi-Fi. VMware ESXi and Citrix XenServer expertise and configuration experience.
- Adept in backup software and architecture: StorageCraft, Backup Exec, DPM, and/or Windows Backup.
- Desired experience in Cisco/Dell/HP/Sonicwall and Fortinet network and server technologies.
- Proficient in translating technical information to business-related information.
- Demonstrated personal dedication, work ethic, and commitment.
- Strong technical documentation skills and written network assessment skills.
Logically is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.