Senior Systems Engineer for Maine or MA
Logically is a rapidly growing IT outsourcing and consulting firm with over 140 employees and offices in New England, Tennessee, and Southern California. We work with corporations, healthcare organizations, non-profits and public sector entities of all sizes. We believe that providing IT services is about more than just keeping information secure and systems and devices operational. Our business is based on establishing relationships with our clients, understanding the challenges and then helping them achieve their business goals through leveraging technology.
This position may work from one of our offices, Maine, Tennessee, or Massachusetts. The Senior Systems Engineer serves in technical leadership role and provides engineering and architecture customer solutions. The Systems Engineer works well under pressure and engages in emergency technical support. This position delivers internal and external customer-facing projects, including email migrations and upgrades; full-scale migrations to Cloud-based solutions (Office 365/AWS/Azure); Remote Access technologies (RDS/Gateway/Citrix) and storage implementations (SAN); platform infrastructure creation; virtual technologies (Hyper-V/VMware), routing, firewall, wireless and switching; and Active Directory support and migrations.
The Senior Systems Engineer serves as Tier 3 resource in Professional Services group, working closely with Project Managers. This position also integrates with Operations, Sales, and Marketing departments
• The Senior Systems Engineer will coach Managed Services Engineers in Operations and supports knowledge transfer.
• The Senior Systems Engineer assists Sales organization with sales calls, scope development, and pre-sales.
• The Senior Systems Engineer assists the Marketing group with technical updates on company’s service offerings.
• Systems and Network Support
o Design and implement new systems and network solutions and/or improve the efficiency of current networks.
o Install, configure, and support network equipment, including routers, proxy servers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, servers, and SANs: optimize platforms and application delivery.
o Update network and server equipment to latest firmware releases.
o Optimize customer environment and network performance by tuning for and resolving traffic and other issues.
o Install server and network equipment and manage subcontractors involved with installation.
o Provide Tier 3 support and resolve escalated issues.
o Demonstrate familiarity with multiple technologies used to troubleshoot (OSI Model).
• Project Management
o Ensure customer satisfaction by completing assigned project tasks accurately and on time.
o Ensure projects meet/exceed billable targets (80%) to internal or external customers.
o Provide accurate hardware and labor project estimates during sales cycle.
• Customer Service
o Provide guidance to customer, aligning their business needs with technical solution.
o Work directly with Sales and Customer Service representatives to prepare client quotes, statements of work, and ensure customer satisfaction with services.
• Superior troubleshooting, analytical, problem solving, capacity planning, Cloud computing, and virtualization skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, and Hyper-V. Adept in Windows Server Operating systems (2008/2012/2016/2019) as well as end user devices (WIN10/MacOS), laptops, terminals and thin clients
• Expert technical knowledge in WAN, LAN, SAN, switches, routers, and Wi-Fi. VMware ESXi and Citrix XenServer Strong technical documentation skills and written network assessment skills.
• Expert technical knowledge in WAN, LAN, SAN, switches, routers, and Wi-Fi. VMware ESXi and Citrix XenServer expertise and configuration experience.
• Adept in backup software and architecture: StorageCraft, Backup Exec, DPM, and/or Windows Backup
• Desired experience in Cisco/Dell/HP/Sonicwall and Fortinet network and server technologies
• Proficient in translating technical information to business-related information.
• 6 – 10 years of technical experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 10 years of experience.
• Must possess the skills of Server Virtualization, VMware and Hyper V.
• Preferred: Certified Cisco Engineer (CCNA+)
• Preferred: Certified Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Preferred: Microsoft Certified Professional
Resumes accepted with cover letter only.
The Senior Systems Engineer is constantly engaged in keyboarding and is usually in a sedentary position while doing so. The Senior Systems Engineer will occasionally be required to raise or lower objects over 50 pounds, transport objects, and bend his/her body downward and forward when handling technical equipment.”