Remote Support Specialist 1
As a member of the Tier 1 team, the Remote Specialist I resolves and triages basic Tier 1 technical issues for customers who have support agreements in place. The Remote Specialist I provides regular phone support and proactively resolves problems, escalating higher-level issues to Managed Services Engineers. This position also works with the Professional Services Team to identify and refer potential high-level business application issues for resolution by the Business Solutions team.
The Remote Specialist I is customer facing, primarily telephonically, and often the first and last impression the customer has of Logically. The Remote Specialist I works to resolve every assigned issue and possess rudimentary technical skills and advanced written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. A basic understanding of network design, Microsoft Active Directory, group policy, and basic network printing is required. As a communicator and patient teacher, the Remote Specialist values customer success and thrives within a group environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Through primarily telephonic communication, serve as customer portal for all technical issues and manage incoming calls and customer inquiries.
- Utilize training, experience, product knowledge, understanding of customer’s business needs, and excellent communication skills to assess the level of urgency: determine effect of situation by distinguishing between individual and organization-wide impact.
- Through patient, calm, and reassuring communication, listen to customers and guide customers who may not be technically savvy to resolve an issue.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic problems and technical issues, including:
- Authentication issues with Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365 Citrix.
- User Creation/Termination.
- Spam Filter Issues Including White/Blacklisting domains.
- Missing Desktop Shortcuts, Network Drives, and Documents.
- Browser Issues Including Add-Ins and Security Settings.
- Common Outlook Issues and Setup.
- Basic Microsoft Office Issues (Up To 2013).
- Antivirus Updates and Installation.
- Virus and Malware Removal.
- Audio and Video Issues.
- Printer Connectivity Locally and on the Network.
- Network Connection, including Local and ISP Related Issues.
- Cleaning up disk space for disk space alerts generated via automation.
- Resolve drive encryption issues.
- Complete all assigned operational and procedural tasks, including ticket resolution, accurate time entry, and excellent customer service.
- Ability to remain calm, patient, and reassuring during difficult communication to instill confidence in customer who is experiencing a stressful situation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to listen, develop rapport with customer, explain options, and direct customer through solutions.
- Ability to think critically with superior problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity, and high level of integrity.
- Must understand basic Tier 1 pre-approved standard changes or troubleshooting authorizations, inclusive of the following:
- Basic network design
- Active directory
- Group policy
- Network printing
Logically is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.