Overnight Technical Support Specialist
Are you looking for a four day work week at a solid and growing company? Does working overnight in an independent and responsible role work for you? Do you have IT experience and technical skills that you could apply to our position?
The Overnight Technical Support Specialist (TSS) is responsible for providing our clients with basic technical support during the work week overnight period Monday through Friday.
As a company, we are partners with Cisco, NetApp, Lenovo, Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, and many others.
• Standard Working Hours – Monday Night through Friday Morning – 9PM – 7AM (4x 10 hour shifts)
• Office Location – Raleigh, NC
• Monitoring Network Status - Providing first level remediation to user, network, or server issues
• Escalating issues to afterhours on-call and next level support as required
• Assisting with client report generation
• Updating client documentation
• Carrying out network preventive maintenance tasks such as patching and updates
• Remediation of client incidents
• Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose LAN/WAN problems
• Install, upgrade and configure network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software, file services, and backup systems
• Active Directory/Group Policy management and administration
Position Requirements and Experience
• Minimum 3+ Yrs experience providing technical support to end users running Microsoft Windows 7 & 10.
• Minimum 2 Yrs experience providing technical support on Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016
• Patch management experience (Desktops/Servers)
• Support/troubleshooting of MS Office/Office 365 products.
• Direct support experience of MS Outlook in a Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 environment.
• Troubleshooting of basic network connectivity.
• Strong understanding of basic network architecture to include functionality of switches, routers, firewalls. (Not necessarily the configuration, only their function on the network)
• Support of printer and peripheral network connectivity.
• Support of popular web browsers.
• Understanding of basic (GPO) group policy use
• Proactive and enthusiastic attitude Instinctive troubleshooting skills
• Strong communication and customer service skills are essential.
• Professional bearing and manner
• Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
• Must pass drug test and background screening
• MCSA/MCSE - 2012/2016
• CCNA (In any specialization)
• Server Administration Experience
• Microsoft Exchange Support Experience
• Virtualization experience (VMWare/Hyper-V)
This is a Full time permanent position which inclues an outstandinng benefit package including:
• Group medical coverage, flexible spending arrangement for medical and childcare, health savings account
• Life insurance
• 401K retirement plan
• Subsidy for health club membership
• Company bicycles to ride to lunch and short trips