NOC Specialist I
Logically is a rapidly growing IT outsourcing and consulting firm with over 250 employees and offices in New England, Tennessee, Nevada, North Carolina, New York, and Southern California. We work with corporations, healthcare organizations, non-profits and public sector entities of all sizes. We believe that providing IT services is about more than just keeping information secure and systems and devices operational. Our business is based on establishing relationships with our clients, understanding the challenges and then helping them achieve their business goals through leveraging technology.
The NOC Specialist I serves as a reliable and trusted resource for the deployment, maintenance, monitoring, and reviewing of system backups, anti-virus protection, patch management, and various other Logically system monitoring and maintenance tools. Working to efficiently close tickets with high level of accuracy, the NOC Specialist I performs a wide range of technical computing and information systems support, including installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on desktops, laptops, servers, networking devices, and related software. The NOC specialist diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software, and system failures using established procedures. To ensure continuity of service to all customers, the NOC Specialist I will document processes, procedures, and system baselines.
All NOC Specialists l must pass background check and must complete HIPAA Compliance Professional Training within 60 days.
• Manage status of open tickets and compete technical and operational tasks to efficiently and correctly resolve issues and close tickets. Adhere to company values and follow best practices and operational procedures.
• Utilize Logically’s suite of tools to support and maintain client networks (Kaseya, Auvik, OpenDNS, StorageCraft, ESET); demonstrate functional competency in all networks, learn new technologies as may be added, and work toward specialization in one or more areas.
• Identify and escalate complex issues to supervisor for resolution and, at direction of supervisor, work directly with vendor on unresolved issues.
• Interact and collaborate with client end users and client-designated technical points of contact.
• Participate in customer onboardings. Attend kick-off meetings to determine customer’s purchased services and roll-out process. Coordinate with customer in rolling out services.
• Work on the backend with MSEs to monitor and maintain client environment which may be on premise or hosted.
• Participate in on-call rotation after one year of employment which includes requirement to respond to place of business within one hour of call.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to customers, team members, and company employees across organization.
• 0 to 2 years of experience
• Diagnostic and networking support—including network security—with ability to identify, address, troubleshoot, and resolve issues through stack
• Workstation and laptop hardware support, including backup software configuration experience with common data protection applications. Anti-virus configuration experience with more than one anti-virus solution.
• Familiarity with and ability to gain functional proficiency in OpLogic, including ability to utilize audit and exception
• Productive, industrious, and curious, driven to acquire knowledge and continuously learn more in order to solve problems, drive personal professional development, and advance career in managed services.
• Familiarity with imaging software and commercial anti-virus suites
• Understanding of basic networking and SNMP
• Preferred A+, N+, or comparable certificate
Essential duties of the NOC Specialist include data backup and antivirus software monitoring, via keyboarding at a computer and the occasional lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds. As such, the NOC Specialist is constantly in a sedentary environment with occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds.”