Managed Services III
Carolinas IT, a Logically company is a vibrant, growing and fast paced IT consulting firm. With over 250 employees and offices in New England, Tennessee, New York, Nevada, and North Carolina, we are seeking a candidate to join our field service team. If you have technical experience, a positive can-do attitude, and are customer-focused, this may be the right position for you.
The Managed Services Engineer III is an effective communicator and leader, assisting Managed Services Engineer I and II with issues management. The Managed Services Engineer III is assigned higher level work and decision-making authority. At discretion of leadership, the Managed Services Engineer III may be a designated escalation point on one or more company supported technologies.
The Managed Services Engineer III is a customer-focused technician with more than three years’ experience working in managed services and minimum of five years of network and systems administration experience. Based on customer and technical background, the Managed Services Engineer III will lead projects of less than eight hours and train, teach, and coach colleagues.
Working to efficiently close tickets with high level of accuracy, the Managed Services Engineer III performs wide range of technical computing and information systems support, including installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on desktops, laptops, servers, networking devices, and related software. The Managed Services Engineer III diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software, and system failures using established procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage status of open tickets and complete technical and operational tasks to efficiently and correctly resolve issues and close tickets. Adhere to company values and follow best practices and operational procedures.
- Account for time by function and by customer in ConnectWise, with high level of accuracy:
- Customer facing notes.
- Internal notes, expanding on all work done for customer to ensure continuity of service.
- Completion of any other ticket classifications in adherence with the ITIL system of Service Delivery (Type, Subtype, Item, as needed).
- Deliver outstanding customer service onsite and remotely:
- Communicate with and advise customers—detail progress and notify of impending changes, including agreed upon changes.
- Provide courtesy email review to customer of conversation/action that occurred.
- Utilize patience, good listening skills, clear and concise terms, and respectful communication to coach customers through processes and help end users develop confidence in product/service.
- Conduct regular maintenance and support for assigned customers on schedule.
- Function as an independent producer but also work effectively and collaboratively as part of a fast-paced team:
- Communicate and strategize with POD members on high priority problems, critical status changes, customer matters, call aging, and training.
- Based on customer and company needs, work after hours and on weekends for scheduled projects and in emergency situations. Participate in regular after hours on-call rotation schedule.
- Lead assigned projects of less than eight hours.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to customers, team members, and company employees across organization.
- Effective management of tasks and follow through on issues impacting task completion, including appropriate escalation of unresolved issues and persistence to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Diagnostic and networking support—including network security—with ability to identify, address, troubleshoot and resolve issues through stack.
- Workstation and laptop hardware support, including backup software configuration experience with common data protection applications. Anti-Virus configuration experience with more than one A/V solution.
- Productive, industrious, and curious—driven to acquire knowledge and continuously learn more in order to solve problems, drive personal professional development, and advance career in managed services.
- More than three years’ experience working in managed services and minimum of five years of network and systems administration experience.
Required training, skills and certifications:
- One current Windows certification MCP-servers and/or 365
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Kaseya, ConnectWise, and Auvik
- Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint
Physical Demands: “The Managed Services Engineer III supports and resolves customer technology issues by phone/email in a constant sedentary position with constant keyboarding to access diagnostic tools and enter issue, problem, and resolution information into shared managed service software. The Managed Services Engineer III will also travel by vehicle to customer’s location. When providing on-site services at customer’s location to install new product or service software, the Managed Services Engineer III is constantly standing or walking and may lift items up to 50 pounds to complete installation.”
Logically offers competitive benefits including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a match, paid holidays, paid vacation and much more.
Logically is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.