Managed Services Engineer III
The Managed Services Engineer III is an effective communicator and leader, assisting Managed Services Engineer I and II with issues management and working closely with Service Delivery Coordinator prior to escalation of an issue to POD Leader. The Managed Services Engineer III is assigned higher level work and decision-making authority. At discretion of leadership, the Managed Services Engineer III may be a designated escalation point on one or more company supported technologies.
The Managed Services Engineer III is a customer-focused technician with more than three years’ experience working in managed services and minimum of five years of network and systems administration experience. Based on customer and technical background, the Managed Services Engineer III will lead projects of less than eight hours and train, teach, and coach colleagues.
With proven success in implementation of networking and storage equipment, the Managed Services Engineer III serves as reliable resource for supervisors and managers. The Managed Services Engineer III has demonstrated performance building rapport with customers and serves as a behavioral model for Managed Services Engineer I and II. The Managed Services Engineer III is active participant in POD structure and works with POD resources to resolve customer concerns at lowest level.
The Managed Services Engineer III works within an Agile POD system to maximize quality output and achieve high customer satisfaction in the delivery of managed IT services.
Within the Agile POD system, the Managed Services Engineer III is a member of customer-based technical team that includes several Managed Services Engineers I and II, Service Delivery Coordinator, Customer Success Manager, and POD Leader. All POD members own tasks and working together learn unique needs of customer’s business to consistently deliver best service.
As a frontline employee, the Managed Services Engineer III is a representative of company and must daily interact with all levels of customer’s workforce, from C-level to business and technical end-users. In many cases the Managed Services Engineer III is end-user’s only experience with company. To effectively address and resolve technical issues, as well as support business renewal, the Managed Services Engineer III must consistently engage in professional communication to build and maintain rapport with customers.
Working to efficiently close tickets with high level of accuracy, the Managed Services Engineer III performs wide range of technical computing and information systems support, including installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on desktops, laptops, servers, networking devices, and related software. The Managed Services Engineer III diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software, and system failures using established procedures.
As a member of an Agile POD, the Managed Services Engineer III may be assigned to support specific customer, group of customers, or multiple customer sites. To ensure continuity of service to all customers, the Managed Services Engineer III will document processes, procedures, and system baselines. Managed Services Engineer III work directly with Tier 3 staff to support and facilitate project implementations, assist with one-time projects outside of Operations, and assist Professional Services Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage status of open tickets and compete technical and operational tasks to efficiently and correctly resolve issues and close tickets. Adhere to company values and follow best practices and operational procedures.
- Account for time by function and by customer in ConnectWise, with high level of accuracy:
- Customer facing notes.
- Internal notes, expanding on all work done for customer to ensure continuity of service.
- Completion of any other ticket classifications in adherence with the ITIL system of Service Delivery (Type, Subtype, Item, as needed)
- Deliver outstanding customer service onsite and remotely:
- Communicate with and advise customers—detail progress and notify of impending changes, including agreed upon changes.
- Provide courtesy email review to customer of conversation/action that occurred.
- Utilize patience, good listening skills, clear and concise terms, and respectful communication to coach customers through processes and help end users develop confidence in product/service.
- Conduct regular maintenance and support for assigned customers on schedule.
- Function as an independent producer but also work effectively and collaboratively as part of a faced-paced team:
- Communicate and strategize with POD members on high priority problems, critical status changes, customer matters, call aging, and training.
- Based on customer and company needs, work after hours and on weekends for scheduled projects and in emergency situations. Participate in regular after hours on-call rotation schedule.
- Participate, be present, and do what is right for customer and team.
- Continuously seek out peers to acquire more information.
- Lead assigned projects of less than eight hours.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to customers, team members, and company employees across organization.
- Consistent application of business etiquette in all communication, including face-to-face, email, and phone interactions with customer end users, POD members, internal stakeholders, and C-level employees.
- Effective management of tasks and follow through on issues impacting task completion, including appropriate escalation of unresolved issues and persistence to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Diagnostic and networking support—including network security—with ability to identify, address, troubleshoot and resolve issues through stack.
- Workstation and laptop hardware support, including backup software configuration experience with common data protection applications. Anti-Virus configuration experience with more than one A/V solution.
- Productive, industrious, and curious driven to acquire knowledge and continuously learn more in order to solve problems, drive personal professional development, and advance career in managed services.
- Model exceptional interpersonal skills in support of POD structure and team engagement, supporting the POD Leader and other members in problem resolution
- and issues management.
- More than three years’ experience working in managed services and minimum of five years of network and systems administration experience.
Logically is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.