Managed Services Engineer II (Field Technician)
Logically is a vibrant, growing and fast paced IT consulting firm. With over 160 employees and offices in four states we are seeking a candidate to join our field service team. If you have technical experience, a positive can-do attitude, and are customer-focused, this may be the right position for you. This position is located out of our Lawrence, Massachusetts office and will be servicing and located in South Boston with extremely rare travel to the Lawrence, MA office.
The Managed Services Engineer II (Field Technician) provides a wide range of technical support for client computing and information systems by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance on desktops, laptops, servers, networking devices, and related software. The Field TechnicianManaged Services Engineer II diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures, using established procedures. He/she interacts with clients in a professional manner while addressing issues and concerns. As part of a team of field technicians, individuals document processes, procedures, and system baselines to provide consistent service to all clients. Technical Support Specialists work directly with the Tier 3 staff to support and facilitate project implementations. Responsibilities will include being assigned to support a specific client, group of clients, or multiple client sites as needed.
This position will provide advice and consultation to customers and management on individual requests for assistance, advice, and recommendations relating to application, computer, and network issues. Additionally, Technical Support Specialists employ systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consultation with clients, to determine hardware, software or system functional needs and, at times, address problems with those systems. Technical Support Specialists will assist, as various projects may dictate, in the design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including the creation of pilot systems, based on client or system design specifications.
- Provide regular maintenance and support for assigned clients.
- Provide phone, onsite, and remote customer support as needed.
- Work with dispatch for escalation on emergencies and tickets from Tier 1 or escalations to Tier 3 level support as needed.
- Communicate and strategize with account managers on high priority problems, critical status changes, client matters, call aging and training.
- Oversee status information updates based upon customer matters in the incident management system.
- Communicate with and advise customers: informing them of progress and notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Manage status of all open tickets.
- Update ticket with client response and time entry, per Logically policy.
- Complete operational and procedural tasks supporting technical aspects of customer relationship.
Occasionally, based upon client need and staff availability, all staff are expected to work after hours and weekends on scheduled projects and in emergency situations. This position also participates in a regular after hours on-call rotation schedule.
There will be driving involved-candidates must have their own car, valid driver's license, and insurance and must be willing to work at various customer locations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, reliable and customer-focused.
- Have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Proactively address customer needs using technical expertise, while understanding the scope and nature of the customers' engagement with Logically.
- High-level diagnostic and analytical skills with the ability identify and address an array of technical issues.
- 3-5 years IT technical experience
- Support services for Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- Workstation and laptop hardware support.
- Backup software -- configuration experience with common data protection applications, including StorageCraft, Backup Exec, DPM, Windows NT Backup, etc.
- Anti-Virus -- configuration experience with more than one A/V solution, including Sophos, MacAfee, Trend, Norton, etc.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Experience with Exchange is a plus.
- Experience with virtualization is a plus.
The following physical demands are required for this job with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) 25-50 lbs.
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles
Logically offers competitive benefits including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a match, paid holidays, paid vacation a wellness program and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
A cover letter is required.