Managed Services Engineer II
Logically is the leading provider of Managed IT Services to small and midsize organizations. We help our customers leverage the power of information technology to achieve their goals by becoming their trusted IT ally. Since 1999, we have made IT management easy and secure for hundreds of corporations, healthcare organizations, non-profits and public sector agencies. We provide complete IT outsourcing to business leaders, and augmentation services to IT teams. We are recognized for our outstanding customer service, technical depth, and operational excellence. Our best-in-class service delivery is powered by two pillars, OpLogicTM and Care Teams. OpLogic is our unique cloud-based IT management system that allows your IT environment to self-heal, increasing uptime and reducing security risks. Dedicated Care Teams are how we deliver our deep and wide-ranging technical expertise while providing personalized service and the familiarity of a trusted ally.
The Managed Services Engineer II is customer-focused technician possessing advanced technical expertise and managed services experience. With proven success in implementation of networking and storage equipment, the Managed Services Engineer II serves as reliable resource for supervisors and managers. The Managed Services Engineer II has demonstrated performance building rapport with customers and serves as a behavioral model for Managed Services Engineer I. The Managed Services Engineer II is active participant in POD structure and works with POD resources to resolve customer concerns at lowest level.
As frontline employee, the Managed Services Engineer II is representative of company and must daily interact with all levels of customer’s workforce, from C-level to business and technical end-users. In many cases, the Managed Services Engineer II is end-user’s only experience with company. To effectively address and resolve technical issues, as well as support business renewal, the Managed Services Engineer II must consistently engage in professional communication to build and maintain rapport with customers.
Working to efficiently close tickets with high level of accuracy, the Managed Services Engineer II performs wide range of technical computing and information systems support, including installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on desktops, laptops, servers, networking devices, and related software. The Managed Services Engineer II diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software, and system failures using established procedures.
As a member of an Agile POD, the Managed Services Engineer II may be assigned to support specific customer, group of customers, or multiple customer sites. To ensure continuity of service to all customers, the Managed Services Engineer II will document processes, procedures, and system baselines. Managed Services Engineer II works directly with Tier 3 staff to support and facilitate project implementations, assist with one-time projects outside of Operations, and assist Professional Services Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage status of open tickets and compete technical and operational tasks to efficiently and correctly resolve issues and close tickets. Adhere to company values and follow best practices and operational procedures.
- Account for time by function and by customer in ConnectWise, with high level of accuracy maintaining customer facing notes and internal notes as well as completion of any other ticket classifications in adherence with the ITIL system of Service Delivery.
- Communicate with and advise customers—detail progress and notify of impending changes, including agreed upon changes.
- Provide courtesy email review to customer of conversation/action that occurred.
- Utilize patience, good listening skills, clear and concise terms, and respectful communication to coach customers through processes and help end users develop confidence in the product/service.
- Conduct regular maintenance and support for assigned customers on schedule.
- Communicate and strategize with POD members on high priority problems, critical status changes, customer matters, call aging, and training.
- Based on customer and company needs, work after hours and on weekends for scheduled projects and in emergency situations. Participate in regular after hours on-call rotation schedule.
- Participate, be present, and do what is right for customer and team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to customers, team members, and company employees across organization.
- Consistent application of business etiquette in all communication, including face-to-face, email, and phone interactions with customer end users, POD members, internal stakeholders, and C-level employees.
- Effective management of tasks and follow through on issues impacting task completion, including appropriate escalation of unresolved issues and persistence to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Diagnostic and networking support—including network security—with ability to identify, address, troubleshoot and resolve issues through stack.
- Workstation and laptop hardware support, including backup software configuration experience with common data protection applications. Anti-Virus configuration experience with more than one A/V solution.
- Productive, industrious, and curious—driven to acquire knowledge and continuously learn more in order to solve problems, drive personal professional development, and advance career in managed services.
- Model exceptional interpersonal skills in support of POD structure and team engagement, supporting POD Leader and other members in problem resolution and