Managed Services Engineer I
The Managed Services Engineer works within Agile POD system to maximize quality output and achieve high customer satisfaction in delivery of managed IT services.
Within the Agile POD system, the Managed Services Engineer is a member of customer-based technical team that includes several Managed Services Engineers and Senior Managed Services Engineers, Service Delivery Coordinator, Customer Success Manager, and POD Leader. Everyone in the POD owns the task and working together, learns unique needs of customer’s business to consistently deliver the best service.
As a frontline employee, the Managed Services Engineer is a representative of company and must daily interact with all levels of customer’s workforce, from C-level to business and technical end-users. In many cases, the Managed Services Engineer is end-user’s only experience with company. To effectively address and resolve technical issues, as well as support business renewal, the Managed Services Engineer must consistently engage in professional communication to build and maintain rapport with customers.
Working to efficiently close tickets with high level of accuracy, the Managed Services Engineer performs a wide range of technical computing and information systems support, including installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on desktops, laptops, servers, networking devices, and related software. The Managed Services Engineer diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software, and system failures using established procedures.
As a member of an Agile POD, the Managed Services Engineer may be assigned to support specific customer, group of customers, or multiple customer sites. To ensure continuity of service to all customers, the Managed Services Engineer will document processes, procedures, and system baselines. Managed Services Engineer work directly with Tier 3 staff to support and facilitate project implementations, assist with one-time projects outside of Operations, and assist Professional Services Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage status of open tickets and complete technical and operational tasks to efficiently and correctly resolve issues and close tickets. Adhere to company values and follow best practices and operational procedures.
- Account for time by function and by customer in ConnectWise with high level of accuracy:
- Customer facing notes.
- Internal notes, expanding on all work done for customer to ensure continuity of service.
- Completion of any other ticket classifications in adherence with the ITIL system of Service Delivery (Type, Subtype, Item, as needed).
- Deliver outstanding customer service onsite and remotely:
- Communicate with and advise customers—detail progress and notify of impending changes, including agreed upon changes.
- Provide courtesy email review to customer of conversation/action that occurred.
- Utilize patience, good listening skills, clear and concise terms, and respectful communication to coach customers through processes and help end users develop confidence in product/service.
- Conduct regular maintenance and support for assigned customers on schedule.
- Function as an independent producer but also work effectively and collaboratively as part of a faced-paced team:
- Communicate and strategize with POD members on high priority problems, critical status changes, customer matters, call aging, and training.
- Based on customer and company needs, work after hours and on weekends for scheduled projects and in emergency situations. Participate in regular after hours on-call rotation schedule.
- Participate, be present, and do what is right for customer and team.
- Continuously seek out peers to acquire more information.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to customers, team members, and company employees across organization.
- Consistent application of business etiquette in all communication, including face-to-face, email, and phone interactions with customer end users, POD members, internal stakeholders, and C-level employees.
- Effective management of tasks and follow-through on issues impacting task completion, including appropriate escalation of unresolved issues and persistence to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Diagnostic and networking support—including network security—with ability to identify, address, troubleshoot, and resolve issues through stack.
- Workstation and laptop hardware support, including backup software configuration experience with common data protection applications. Anti-Virus configuration experience with more than one A/V solution.
- Productive, industrious, and curious—driven to acquire knowledge and continuously learn more to solve problems, drive personal professional development, and advance career in Managed Services.
Logically is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.