Logically (formally known as Carolinas IT) is a growing and highly acquisitive company, has an opening for a Event Manager. The Event Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing and is responsible for the strategy and execution of all client-facing events. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and able to plan and manage multiple events ranging in scale simultaneously.
The overall strategy and planning of tradeshows, conferences, and client events; Marketing Development Funds management; event planning policies and procedures; event contracts and budgets; monthly reporting to leadership.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Directs the overall strategy and planning of tradeshows, conferences, and client events for Logically
- Designs and implements event planning policies and procedures for all Logically events
- Approves the final selection of venues, menus, and vendors for catering, technology, and other event support services
- Forecasts, requests, and manages all Marketing Development Funds (MDF) with Logically partners to offset event costs
- Manages attendee invitations, registration, and post-event evaluations for all Logically branded and educational events
- Build and maintain relationships with partners to help generate funding and drive attendance for Logically branded and educational events
- Works with Alliance Manager to build and maintain relationships with local organizations where Logically has a presence to drive attendance for branded and educational events
- Reviews and approves contracts and has overall responsibility for ensuring events stay within approved budget
- Coordinate internal and external subject matter experts to develop content for Logically branded and educational events
- Submits educational abstracts on behalf of Logically team for conferences and tradeshows.
- Books hotel travel for Logically staff attending Marketing events
- Orders show services (electrical, internet, etc.) as required for tradeshows and conferences
- Works with Marketing team on developing and ordering branded promotional materials and collateral for events
- Capable of resolving escalated logistical issues that requires coordination with other departments
- Develops and maintains standardized monthly reporting for Leadership team to demonstrate ROI
- Works with Sales team to ensure event leads are correctly entered and tracked in the CRM to show ROI
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years planning events for a mid-size company
- Able to work independently
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Good understanding of basic Office software and ability to learn Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
“As the Event Coordinator, this position is occasionally required to drive to tradeshows, conferences, and client events to build, network and maintain relationships with vendors, prospects, event staff, event attendees on occasion may encounter weather related conditions such as hot, cold, wet, windy, humid conditions.”
A cover letter is required with resume. Logically offers outstanding benefits.
Logically is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.