Customer Success Manager
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is a key sales role that drives growth and customer success within base of current customers. The primary duty of CSM is to promote customer retention and loyalty and to ensure customer engagement with services and products remains high. The CSM will strive to ensure customer’s business goals and objectives are met by leveraging technology in fulfillment of customer objectives. The CSM accomplishes this by developing and maintaining trusted advisor role and understanding customer’s unique business needs to ensure positive customer journey experience.
To guarantee customers are elated with partnership in every regard, the CSM engages in customer support and sales (including outbound calling) of new products and services into current customer base. The CSM calls on and works with top company leadership and operations staff – from CEO to IT support people. Using product knowledge, interpersonal skills, energy, and great personality, the CSM builds trusted advisor relationships with people, discussing challenges in their organization, and introducing solutions that will make customer’s life easier.
The CSM participates in Agile POD system to maximize quality output and achieve high customer satisfaction in delivery of managed IT services. The CSM is member of customer-centered technical team that includes several Managed Services Engineers and senior Managed Services Engineers, Service Delivery Coordinator, and POD Leader. All members of POD own tasks and work together to learn unique needs of customer’s business to consistently deliver best service.
The CSM is a highly intelligent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, strong organization skills, and urgency to make things happen in variety of industries, including healthcare, municipalities, manufacturing, and non-profit sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as customer advocate and achieve rapport with customers to ensure positive customer journey experience (from sale, to service delivery, to support).
- Work with active customers to develop deep understanding of their needs and translate those needs into service requirements.
- Manage customer expectations and prioritize issue response by impact and urgency.
- Monitor customer agreement changes and manage major change order approvals. Determine when to work with cross-functional staff to preserve service and revenue.
- Engage in proactive issues management with Service Delivery Coordinator (SDC) and other affected staff.
- Conduct timely and effective communication with SDC, including escalation of client issues.
Lifecycle Account Management
- Communicate features and benefits of solutions and manage prospect expectations throughout lifecycle of account.
- Meet customer retention goals, up-sell/cross-sell revenue goals, and renewal goals.
- Qualify new sales opportunities for current customers.
- Conduct onsite or online presentations to existing customers that showcase services and products of company.
- Receive requests for service and product details from customers and provide timely responses.
- Review invoices and resolve invoice inquiries regarding support and service.
- Manage complexity of Managed IT services proposals, contracts, lease agreements, and service level agreements.
- Work with management to develop proposals and quotes. Respond to RFP/RFI documents.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual review of assets and performance. Identify liability and budget challenges regarding physical assets. Determine performance by number of tickets submitted and resolution. Report on system application updates and patches.
- Develop success roadmaps and strategies for new customer projects.
- Summarize ticket activity, status, and progress.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge of service offerings of company.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Project Sales >$10K, develop project quotes and interface with cross-functional personnel (e.g., Senior Engineer or Procurement) as needed.
- Transactional Sales <$10K, examine scope of work, complexity, and revenue to develop quote.
- Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) Sales: Proactively work to increase monthly subscriptions to Logically services with existing customers.
- Perform sales procedures through activities and opportunities in ConnectWise and remain compliant with defined policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable in CSM practices.
- Process-oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to manage abundance of relationships and activities while maintaining accurate records in customer management system (CRM).
- Proficient multitasking skills, capable of driving action and results while simultaneously responding to and meeting needs of numerous customers.
- Curious and passionate about learning to better understand technology, business, finance, and their interdependence.
- Customer centered and positive attitude, willing to serve and support customers, team members, and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including outstanding active listening skills with ability to tune into verbal and nonverbal cues.
- Self-motivated and high energy, able to work well in fast-paced environment.
- Outside sales experience in IT services and products, managed IT services, or IT consulting. Proven track record of managing customer commitment, as well as negotiating and closing sales process.
- Proficient in CSM software (e.g., MS Dynamics), as well as with MS Office Suite. Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry.
Logically is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.