Logically—a national Managed Services Provider for small and midsized organizations from coast to coast—is looking for an experienced Controller to join our team. Formerly known as Winxnet and K&R Network Solutions, Logically is recognized in the industry for providing unsurpassed operational and technical expertise, responsiveness, and outstanding customer service. Logically employs over 140 team members located in Maine, Massachusetts, Tennessee, and California. We value quality relationships and our success and winning culture are based on trusting, mutually respectful relationships between our peers, clients, and partners. Foundational to this is the fundamental appreciation for solid relationships amongst everyone we work with.
The Controller holds a leadership role on the Finance team located in Portland, Maine. Working closely with and under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller owns the accounting and procurement operations and supervises department team members.
- Team-oriented with excellent verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders, executives, peers, and vendors.
- Outstanding leaderships skills and commitment to employee development with experience training, coaching, and mentoring team members and others to high levels of performance.
- Self-directed with superior attention to detail, possessing management experience in complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environments.
- Well versed in GAAP with a minimum of 5 years accounting experience inclusive of managing a financial team.
- Strong treasury experience with ability to oversee inflows, outflows, and optimal use of cash.
- Analytical skills and ability to resolve complex accounting issues in a timely manner.
- Extensive knowledge of internal control functions and excellent written communication skills with experience writing documentation, reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Expert in ERP and integration with CRM.
- Proficient in QuickBooks and expert in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- CPA and/or MBA
- Microsoft Dynamics knowledge and experience.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisition integrations.
- Public accounting experience: large accounting firm (Big 4) experience highly desired.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Oversee Accounting Department operations and supervise six team members
- Research and resolve accounting and procurement issues in accordance with GAAP
- Direct accurate and timely month-end closing process for payable, cash, payroll, and receivable accounts
- Prepare financial forecasts and ensure financial reporting is supported by reconciliations and financial analysis
- Maintain deferred revenue schedules
- Coordinate with tax vendors to ensure compliance with monthly, quarterly, and annual filing
- Reporting and Documentation
- Complete timely financial statements
- Generate weekly cash flow forecasts
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Coordinate provision of information to external auditors for annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Finalist for the position is required to pass a criminal and credit history background prior to hire.
Environmental, Physical, and Sensory Demands of the Position
The Controller works in a typical office environment and as a result, is not expected to be exposed to harsh weather conditions, excessive noise, or confined spaces. Constant keyboarding, near acuity, and verbal communication are requirements of this position. Logically will make reasonable accommodations for persons affected under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Logically offers excellent benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401k with a match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Eight paid holidays
- Three weeks of paid sick/vacation time the first year
- Wellness program
- Paid life insurance
- Paid STD/LTD/AD&D
- An environment of teamwork and fun
- A training plan for continued growth and mentoring
- Logically is an Equal Opportunity Organization.