Logically is the leading provider of Managed IT Services to small and midsize organizations. We help our customers leverage the power of information technology to achieve their goals by becoming their trusted IT ally. Since 1999, we have made IT management easy and secure for hundreds of corporations, healthcare organizations, non-profits and public sector agencies. We provide complete IT outsourcing to business leaders, and augmentation services to IT teams. We are recognized for our outstanding customer service, technical depth, and operational excellence. Our best-in-class service delivery is powered by two pillars, OpLogicTM and Care Teams. OpLogic is our unique cloud-based IT management system that allows your IT environment to self-heal, increasing uptime and reducing security risks. Dedicated Care Teams are how we deliver our deep and wide-ranging technical expertise while providing personalized service and the familiarity of a trusted ally.
As a key member of the Finance organization, the Assistant Controller will help build, lead, manage and scale the Company's core accounting operation, including technical accounting, compliance, tax and financial reporting. This individual will report to and collaborate with the Controller holding the responsibility for the Company's financial processes, including implementing and maintaining an appropriate control environment, establishing accounting policies, ownership of core systems, and designing and executing process improvements. This is a pivotal role in supporting the Finance Team to scale its workflows and implement best-in-class processes as we strive to keep pace with Logically’s continued, fast-paced growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the monthly financial close activity including technical accounting operations related to journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Develop and maintain key documents for accounting policies and desk procedures.
- Work with Controller to design and administer processes, workflows and controls over financial reporting which improve operational efficiency.
- Oversee financial-related systems with a focus towards improvement of processes, continued automations, and application of new technologies
- Develop and manage accounting estimates for accrual and financial close process
- Perform analysis of financial results including understanding of drivers of variances from budget or prior periods
- Work with the CFO & Controller to maintain successful relationships with auditors, tax authorities and lenders.
- Work closely as an accounting lead on key projects with other department leads.
- Oversee general ledger, accounts payable, treasury, and payroll accounting functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of Accounting experience with increasing level of responsibility
- CPA or MBA with detailed understanding of GAAP. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Extensive functioning knowledge of accounting software; Direct experience with MS Dynamics 365 Business Central or NAV preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience managing relationships with external auditors
- Strong project management skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize, and respond quickly within a rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced growth environment
- A remote fully functional office set up available