Accounts Payable Specialist
Logically is the leading provider of Managed IT Services to small and midsize organizations. We help our customers leverage the power of information technology to achieve their goals by becoming their trusted IT ally. Since 1999, we have made IT management easy and secure for hundreds of corporations, healthcare organizations, non-profits and public sector agencies. We provide complete IT outsourcing to business leaders, and augmentation services to IT teams. We are recognized for our outstanding customer service, technical depth, and operational excellence. Our best-in-class service delivery is powered by two pillars, OpLogicTM and Care Teams. OpLogic is our unique cloud-based IT management system that allows your IT environment to self-heal, increasing uptime and reducing security risks. Dedicated Care Teams are how we deliver our deep and wide-ranging technical expertise while providing personalized service and the familiarity of a trusted ally.
The Accounts Payable Specialist processes transactions in Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and/or General Ledger (GL) with high degree of accuracy, ensuring transactional excellence and sound fiscal operations. Additionally, position may prepare journal entries, perform account analyses, pay bills, reconcile
accounts, ensure adherence to controls, and issue and collect bills from customers.
The Accounting Specialist is assigned an area of significant responsibility but also has cross-functional duties and must develop competency in a wide range of department functions in order to deliver excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Internal customers of the Accounting Specialist include employees across the entire organization: frequent interaction occurs with department leaders and managers in professional services, operations/managed services, and marketing.
- High volume Accounts Payable processing; coding, approval, and payment processing
- Interact daily with internal employees and vendors (both written and verbal)
- Work with large dollar purchase orders including multiple receiving and/or invoices to match against several vendor invoices or receiving documents
- Process invoices and credit memos timely and accurately, while quickly recognizing discrepancies and how to resolve in the appropriate manner
- Expense reporting review and processing
- Purchase Order requests; approval routing, processing and tracking
- Contribute to key metrics reporting and analysis for purchasing/accounts payable function
- Reconciliations of vendor statements and coordinate with vendors on discrepancies
- Perform financial reconciliations to support the month end and quarterly close process
- Understanding how complex adjustments affect financial reports
- Maintain Vendor W-9 forms and issue annual 1099 forms
- Ongoing projects as needed
- Other accounting duties based on experience and business growth
- High volume Accounts Payable experience
- Client-centered focus and willingness to deliver service proactively
- Highly organized self-starter; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Exceptional and intuitive communication skills, written and oral
- Aptitude to initiate appropriate communication with vendors and internal customers regarding adjustments/discrepancies; understands how adjustments affect financial reporting structure
- Ability and desire to champion for ongoing process improvement in a highly automated environment
- Advanced skills in Excel with ability to manage and process large amounts of data. Proficient with data organization, combining, and filtering functions
- Understanding of prepaid and accrued items.
- BS, BA from an accredited 4-year university or college with minimum 2 years demonstrated success in accounts payable and/or accounting or High School Diploma or equivalency of training and experience.
- Accounting system software experience (Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Advanced Excel skills)
Logically is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.