The Account Executive works collaboratively with a cross-functional team to build new business relationships and strengthen current relationships for net revenue increase of new recurring contracts in assigned accounts and/or territories. The Account Executive will successfully prospect, develop, and close new sales opportunities, nurturing a positive customer journey from prospect to contract acceptance and implementation. The Account Executive listens to new customers to understand their needs, identifies and resolves frustration points, and facilitates migration of customer from Account Executive to Customer Success Managers, ensuring outstanding customer satisfaction throughout the process.
The Account Executives serves as primary communication point for new customers, taking active role in communicating unique services and closing contracts. The Account Executive will work closely with the Sales Engineer, managed services, and technical resources, building relationships with each team while selling and growing pipeline.
As an active partner on the Sales team, the Account Executive assists in identification of opportunities with existing customers and works to close recurring revenue contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Account Executive is responsible for new customer sales and builds brand-focused network to effectively communicate company’s unique offerings.
- The Account Executive continuously develops product and services knowledge to better educate and advocate product with prospective customers, translating customer’s needs into solutions that solve business issues.
- Customer engagement begins with identifying customers, and the Account Executive will independently follow-through on all leads. The Account Executive conducts research of potential customers, actively connecting with prospective customers through network connects, cold-calls, and other avenues as may present.
- The Account Executive will research leads and contacts to discover if potential customer’s business needs align with product and sales offerings.
- The Account Executive will nurture leads and prospects until they become a contracted customer.
- The Account Executive will manage pipeline and ensure integrity of data through accurate and timely entry of data into CRM system.
- With assistance from the Sales Engineer, Sales Support Specialists, and Professional Services (Senior Engineer), the Account Executive owns and leads Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) responses, as well as presentations before new potential customers.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas.
- Attend assigned sales meetings and ensure sales opportunities are compliant with company policy.
- Outgoing problem-solver who enjoys working with people and can work independently with minimal direction.
- Planning, presentation, and meeting management skills and experience. Exceptional written communication skills with experience developing correspondence and presentation materials.
- Persuasive, mature, and self-sufficient communicator comfortable with cold prospecting and networking experience.
- High energy and collaborative team member with track record of success working with sales and technical resources in fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional listener with highly developed verbal communication skills as demonstrated in ability to form Trusted Advisor relationships with prospects and customers.
- Demonstrated experience executing growth strategies through market expansion and market penetration with proven track record of independently driving and adding new customers.
- Curious with desire to become technologically savvy. Excited to learn and share with others company’s solutions designed to streamline and improve efficacy of customer processes.